Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Week 40: Almost ready to meet #2!

I'm not emotionally good at being pregnant.  I LOVE being a mother--it's a lot of fun and a responsibility I take very seriously.  But I HATE being pregnant.  Seriously.  I don't glow or glimmer, or feel anything but awkward and out of place.  But pregnancy is cheaper than buying one, and a much more sure thing than just finding one on the side of the road, so here I am.

As I enter my 40th week of pregnancy with lucky #2, I keep thinking of things I'm looking forward to doing/being once I'm not pregnant anymore.  So here's my list, and it will not include anything baby-related...
1. Getting off the couch unassisted.  Even Little Man has had to help me a few times...
2. Sleeping on my back or my stomach--anything but on my side(s).
3. Being able to see my lady parts. (I never realized how much it would bother me to not be able to see a part of my body I'm used to seeing.)
4. Weeding my garden. Haven't you wondered why I haven't posted any photos this year?  It's not because it's not there...I'm completely embarrassed by my messy garden right now.
5. Spooning my husband.  He can spoon me, but I can't spoon him.
6. Cleaning my bathtub. 
7. Giving my dogs a bath (likely before I clean the bathtub).
8. Drinking.  I miss drinking a whole drink.  And I miss drinking a sip of a drink without getting weird looks from people everywhere.
9. Eating funky, unpasteurized cheeses.
10. A lack of heartburn.
11.  Eight weeks of unabashed lounging (obviously with my new friend).
12.  Being able to put Little Man to bed--haven't been able to do that for a few months now since I can't really hold him for long or bend down to put him in bed.
13. Being able to travel.  Right now with all this extra weight (and ligament stretching hormones) I can't sit in the car for more than an hour at a clip.  I'm looking forward to seeing people again!
14.  Walking/standing/sitting/leaning/laying in one position for more than 15 minutes at a clip.  Especially the walking part.  I'm so lame I can't even take the dogs out around the block right now...
15. Making dinner.  I'm averaging two meals a week right now--super lame.
16. Wearing normal clothes.  I fit into about 5 outfits right now.  And I'm sick of wearing them.
17. That few days post-pregnancy lightness--since I'll be instantly about 25 pounds lighter, I'll feel like I'm floating for a few days.

I can't wait!






No comments:

Post a Comment