For those of you not glued to my blog (and why aren't you?), I came up with a few goals I wanted to accomplish in 2015:
1. Sew one garment a month
2. Post an article a month
3. Run at least 2 5K races
4. Exercise 3 times a week
5. Have one date with my husband a month
6. Become better at expressing my curiosity. (I seem to engage people in a way that they think I'm questioning them vs. inquiring things about them.)
7. Read 10 books
My thinking is that if I put these goals out into the world, I might be held a bit more accountable for them--basically shaming myself into getting them done. So how did I do in January?
1. Sew one garment a month--Nope
- I didn't sew a darn thing. I really didn't have much time last month to wash clothes, let alone create new ones.
2. Post an article a month--Yup!
|I deserve at least one gold star...|
3. Run at least 2 5K races--Getting there
- As previously mentioned, I'm already signed up for one in April, with the second likely to happen in the fall.
4. Exercise 3 times a week--Getting there
- I've been teaching (skiing) on weekends, so I'm spending a lot of time running around on snow. If I could fit in one gym session during the week, I think I'd be meeting this goal completely. I'm also committed to getting as close to the 10K steps as I can (thank you FitBit for my new random obsession), so I'm walking a lot more and taking the stairs even more than usual. I also realized this weekend that my arm muscles have definition for the first time in about 4 years, so I'm pretty excited about that.
5. Have one date with my husband a month--Yup!
- We had an in-home sushi date for our anniversary with the kids last week. It was sweet and frankly probably as much of a date night as either of us have the energy to muster up right now.
6. Become better at expressing my curiosity--Getting there
- I've had discussions with people about this, and while I feel kind of stuck in qualifying/justifying my actions to others, I'm seeing this as a first step. Oh the plight of the outgoing introvert...
7. Read 10 books--Getting there
- I've definitely been reading. But thanks to Mary McGarry Morris, I'm stuck on the same book I've been reading (3+ hours a week) since August. My upcoming business trip to SoCal should afford me some time to finish that book so I can move onto my next.
I'm actually pretty impressed with myself given how hectic life was in January. I don't anticipate a lot of calming to happen in February, but knowing that I can get about 2/3 of the way there keeps my spirits high and is pretty motivating, actually.
Wish me luck this month!