Friday, September 27, 2013

Our Kitchen Makeover--the before pics!

I can't call this a remodel.  We're literally just giving this old girl some lip stick and new clothes in order to be our regular budget-conscious selves.  Since we are on the verge of done (hopefully the final paint will go up in the next few weeks, I figured I'd get this series rolling!

Here's a picture of what our kitchen looked like when we moved in way back in 2006:

I seriously wanted to kill myself looking at all that harvest gold.

Oh, and here's a close-up of that super-sexy floor
I know you're jealous.

So what did we do? And how much did it cost?

We removed all the drop ceiling, fluorescent lighting, vinyl walls, and ugly switch plates
We replaced all the appliances:
 -Fridge (twice since the yellow monster above didn't really get cold)
 -Stove
 -Added a Microwave
 -Sink & Garbage disposal
 -Added a dishwasher
We rehabbed the cabinets, reorganized them, and added some new ones--including a center island with butcher block top.
Replaced the back-splash
Replaced the old and added a lot of new electrical (lights, plugs, general wiring, etc.)
Installed a new counter
Installed a new laminate "hard wood" floor (also installed a floating laminate to hide the scary orange for a while)

And it only cost $5K...and took almost 7 years to happen.

I'm going to try to post weekly on the process until it's all done.  I'm not sure how to organize it yet though, so if you have any thoughts please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment