Tuesday, March 3, 2015

February Goals Progress

As you sit on pins and needles, wanting to know how I've been doing on my goals, let's re-cap what they are exactly:

Successful Nap Time
1. Sew one garment a month
2. Post an article a month
3. Run at least 2 5K races
4. Exercise 3 times a week
5. Have one date with my husband a month
6. Become better at expressing my curiosity. (I seem to engage people in a way that they think I'm questioning them vs. inquiring things about them.)
7. Read 10 books

So, how'd I do in February?  Honestly, not so hot.
I didn't sew a GD thing
My only February posting was my last update
I haven't run at all (unless you count chasing Little Man)
My ski vacation turned into an "everyone is sick" cation
We did manage to have a family date for Valentine's Day which was really nice at the Franklin Institute, though this goal was achieved mostly by my loving husband and I cannot take credit for it.
I did reassess myself using the DISC model, which helps to zero in on my communication styles and gives some easy leads on identifying those of others (and what motivates them and/or decentivizes them).
This freaking book "In Ordinary Time" just won't finish.  I've got 250 pages to go, which means I've finally made it to the 2/3 mark after seriously 6 months of trying to read it.  And I've been reading it.

Something fun I did accomplish that's not part of the list--I finished listening to the Serial podcast.  Such a good story, and a real life "Who-Dun-It" caper.  If you haven't listened to it yet, go to NPR.org and find their pod casts section.  It's worth it.  I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment