Monday, June 8, 2015

Keep on Keepin' On: May Goals Update!

May was a pretty productive month for me!  For brevity's sake, here's my new fangled way of letting you know how I'm doing: 

1. Sew one garment a month: Not a one.
2. Post an article a month: three in fact!3. Run at least 2 5K races: Spring 5K down, but I still need to find one in the Fall to register for4. Exercise 3 times a week: I'm trying to reach 10K steps every day on my fit bit--most days I at least come REALLY close!5. Have one date with my husband a month: My sorority's 90 Anniversary Gala.6. Become better at expressing my curiosity: still stronger on the professional side, but we're getting there...7. Read 10 books: I actually started and finished a book last month, and I'm about halfway through another. So 2.5 down, and 7 months to go!


In June, I expect to have a pretty similar looking goals progress report.  With my sewing stuff in storage, I'm not going to be able to sew anything until after July 1 (moving post to come soon!), and taking the time to find a 5K is going to be really rough when my brain power is required to help support all the odds and ends of moving.

The exercise thing has really been the toughest--how do people with jobs and children find the time to actually exercise?  I'm either too tired or too busy to have a real exercise session, so I've resorted to standing whenever I can, parking far away, and taking the stairs all the time in a half-hearted effort to be active. Any tips you all on the inter-webs may have would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment