Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Goals Update: I actually RAN!

For months I've been lamenting the fact that I haven't been out running.  With less than 4 weeks to my second 5K of the year, I decided I have to get serious about this.

This morning, I packed away all my excuses and got out of bed at the first alarm (640am) to put on some running tights and go running.

My expectations were pretty low--especially since I was told to take a dog with me--but I'm actually kind of proud of how I did.  With the exception of a brief stop for the previously mentioned dog to use some facilities, I ran the whole time, wasn't winded until the very end, and kept a pretty good pace as I was home in less than 15 minutes.

I was surprised at the amount of outside activity in my neighborhood in the morning, and at how much friendlier people are in the morning vs. the evening, especially since I had a pitbull at my side.  I guess not everyone could stay in bed all day like our family.

If you're looking for some running inspiration, check out my friend's blog, Vito Runs 365.  After a pretty annoying and goal-killing Achilles issue, he's finally up and running again and his enthusiasm is pretty contagious.  Oh, and I'm stealing his run summary...Thanks, Chris!

Day 1: 1.1 miles, 18:41 (Weather: Clear, 56 degrees)

No comments:

Post a Comment