Monday, November 2, 2015

Goals Update: October in Review

I'm starting to realize I should have been a bit less ambitious with my goals.  I seem to get progress made in some categories at the expense of others at this point... 

1. Sew one garment a month: I completed another Renfew (my 3rd?), and a pair of Go-To baby leggings!  I also was able to make some progress on a UFO dress from 4 years ago, and get started my stripes-matching
pajama project (which I hope to post on soon).
2. Post an article a month: Nada.  I focused on the doing of projects and never wrote about it.  I'm okay with that one, but I'd like to post about a few things to document them for me.
3. Run at least 2 5K races: Signed up for one that happened Oct. 3rd, but forewent it because of some last-minute travel plans.  I might just run a 5K around my neighborhood one day...
4. Exercise 3 times a week: Doing a pretty good job of making those 10K steps,but I've not been running at ALL this month.
5. Have one date with my husband a month: Grandparents to the rescue once again!  This time the in-laws borrowed the children to allow my husband and I to attend a volunteer leadership meeting at the Linc (work), a political fundraiser (work), and some post-work drinks at the bar by our house.  We followed that up with 45 minutes of sleeping in on Sunday.  I say that's a win.
6. Become better at expressing my curiosity, and be more clear in the intent of my curiosity: Not sure if anyone noticed, but I've been trying to keep my mouth shut in October.  Practicing the listening part pretty intensely, and not voicing an unsolicited opinion unless I genuinely fear Armageddon (or its professional counterpart).
7. Read 10 books: 3/4 of the way done with The Goldfinch.  5 down, 5 to go and 2 months to do it in.  Now that I'm taking the train, I expect to do pretty good with this one.  Short book suggestions welcome.

4 out of 7 this month, which seems to be my limit.  Maybe I can knock #'s 2 & 3 off in November...

No comments:

Post a Comment