2. Post an article a month: Nothing in December. I did pretty well over the course of the year, though, as I posted 24 articles and posted at least one (other than this review list) in eight of those months.
3. Run at least 2 5K races: Nope. Had one under my belt, and never got to #2. Couldn't even muster up enough caring to go for a quick run on that 70 degree Christmas Day.
Like pretty much all other goals posts for this year, I can firmly say that I accomplished 4 out of 7. If we count halfsies, I could make an argument for 5, but I think that'd be cheating.
2015 was an interesting year, with a BIG move for us, some major life decisions made, and a modified perspective on what my life actually is and can be versus trying to make it into something else. I'm glad I tried to do all of this in 2015, and even though I didn't make the goal, I still feel a sense of accomplishment for having done as well as I did.
So what's on the docket for 2016?
1. Stop yelling at my kids. (It really doesn't help anyone)
2. Get at least a B+ in all of my classes (oh ya, I'm starting my MBA this month).
3. Read as many books as possible from this list, thanks to a Facebook challenge from some friends. (I've read a few already, but there's a bunch I haven't and we're all kind of in the same boat on this one.)
4. Exercise 3 times a week/meet those 10K+ steps.
5. Become better at starting conversations/broaching sensitive subjects with people.
6. Paint my nails once a month. (Because every girl should have something a little girly in her life once in a while.)
I've consciously left off goals for sewing, writing, and the 5Ks in 2016. These were the goals I didn't do well at in 2015 and are also the most time-consuming. Since I'll be starting an MBA program in 2016, I expect most of my time will spent on studying and any free-time with my family. I also left off the date goal because we did SO WELL at it. I think it's officially become a habit and something we've really come to value doing each month.
What are your goals? How can we be awesome together in 2016?